|I am think about rewrite the mswgraylist plugin and change the name to MSWmatch....|
Many users misunderstand what the plug-in do and how it work because the users are thinking on the anti spam technology call graylisting, So to get a more fitting name there not lead to more misunderstanding i think i will call it MSWmatch
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graylisting)
Greylisting is a simple method of defending electronic mail users against e-mail spam. In short, a mail transfer agent which uses greylisting will "temporarily reject" any email from a sender it does not recognize. If the mail is legitimate, the originating server will try again to send it later, at which time the destination will accept it. If the mail is from a spammer, it will probably not be retried.
What new things will there be in the MSWmatch (and mswcollect) ?
- Suport for wildcard entrys
- Exit codes for "not found", "Found as whitelist", "Found as blacklist" and "Found as collected entry"
- Control order of withs exit-code supersedes the others (whitelist, blacklist, Collected and Not found)
- Config stored in the database (make it easyer in multi server setups)
- Multithreading to better use the many CPU's and process faster
- Import/Export config til XML file for backup
- A lot more and better error checking
- Debug tracking to better see if the plug-in is working or not
- Better error logging
- And more..
I am not jet sure that i will use the many hours on this if there is no one needing that... but let my know what you think or if you have a good idea for a function you are missing in the plugin.......